Forum dédié au petit cabriolet Opel

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)   Mer 07 Oct 2009, 22:12

Hi!, first of all I want to say sorry because I only speak english (and spanish), I hope you can forgive me
I have something I want to ask you (this is the biggest tigra community on the web):
In my '08 Tigra Rosso when I go to the hidden menu (several seconds pressing "settings" and then "bc" to see the values) I see that the "Coolant" is always at 73ºC, no matter if it's cold (engine off) or hot (with the dial well past 90ºC.

In the Opel dealer they ran out of ideas after verifying that the "Tech2" reveals correct readings (around 90ºC range). The next week I have to let the car there, Opel created an expedient of the case to me and the dealer, they will check the values with the technical department in Germany and, maybe an Opel engineer will see the car itself.

The main question is: the forum's cars shows always 73ºC?. I'm relaxed because the diagnose machine readings are correct but not 100% if it's not normal in other Tigras.

Thank you very, very much!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
SylTTT
VIP

Motorisation : 1.8 L
Couleur : Bleu Antigua
Finition : Sport
Date de livraison : 31/05/06
Kilometrage : 52 000 km

MessageSujet: Re: Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)   Jeu 08 Oct 2009, 17:06

Hello,

Are you sure this value really corresponds to an existing probe ? Perhaps it is a value without real signification. It seems the real probe is connected to the analog thermometer. scratch
It's amazing to see that your car dealer tries to understand the problem, while you are not supposed to know the diagnostic mode geek

I'm not convinced that a lot of people will be able to answer your message, first, I'm not sur everyone will understand and then I don't think we have a lot of member that have an on-board computer (Personnaly, I don't)...

Concerning our forum, we like to know who we are talking with. Do not hesitate to go in the section "Présentation" (the first one) to introduce yourself, it would make us happy, even if it is in English. Wink

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)   Jeu 08 Oct 2009, 17:29

Thank you very much for answering, SylTTT Smile

It's strange because in other Opel cars (Astra, Corsa, Vectra) that field is 100% working, giving the value of the coolant (very important in the new models, because they don't have the analog dial).

I agree with you about the 'strange' response of my dealer, they were very surprised because they know (and tells car owners that don't have analog thermometer of the coolant the procedure to see it) the diagnostic mode, but with a working "Coolant" field, not like mine: value with no changes.

I saw that an earlier post in this sub-forum (http://tigratwintop.forumpro.fr/les-tutos-f6/options-cachees-ordi-de-bord-t238.htm) that some users tried it... but my translator software didn't clear my thoughts. Seems that when you try in the normal screen -not onboard computer- the values of speed (V) and temperature (T) some people saw the "73", that will correspond to my 73ºC of my car...

I'm sorry because I don't speak french (and I know if I use the translator will be horrible Laughing ), if you can traslate the main question so others can answer I'll be very happy.

I'm gonna post in presentations some photos of my little Tigra while waiting here of some clearance of my doubt.

Thank you very much again Smile
SylTTT
VIP

MessageSujet: Re: Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)   Jeu 08 Oct 2009, 21:21

After looking at the post you are talking about, I saw that effectively we have allready discussed about this value of 73 for T parameter...
And it seems locked at this value for everyone. So it could tell you that, at least, your car is working as ours, even if it's a "strange" working for temperature probe... What a Face
In the same time, you're bringing the most evident answer that everyone was asking about T : it is corresponding to coolant temperature but value is frozen and not operating. We were thingking that it could be a config value like tire size or something like that... one member told it was engine temperature but it was told it couldn't be that because the value was frozen.
If finaly you're able to obtain an answer from your car dealer on how to obtain this temperature to be operative we will be very pleased to know it. Pardon

Pour résumer pour les non-anglophone study : Notre ami nous demandait pourquoi quand il utilise le mode diag de l'ordinateur de bord la température du liquide de refroidissement est constament à 73°C alors que l'aiguille fonctionne. Il a vu que même pour ceux qui n'ont pas l'ordinateur de bord, il y a la valeur T bloquée à 73. Visiblement donc la valeur numérique de la température n'est pas valable sur toutes les TTT. En même temps, ça répond à la question de savoir quel est ce paramètre T que tout le monde cherchait.
Sa question reste donc ouverte : quelqu'un sait-il pourquoi cette température est bloquée et si elle peut redevenir fonctionnelle Question

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)   Lun 19 Oct 2009, 13:19

Solved. The answer from Opel in Germany: this behaviour is normal in this version.
Finally, the mistery is gone Laughing
SylTTT
VIP

MessageSujet: Re: Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)   Mar 20 Oct 2009, 19:32

s_arrow a écrit:
Solved. The answer from Opel in Germany: this behaviour is normal in this version.
Finally, the mistery is gone Laughing
It is not really a answer... Rolling Eyes It doesn't work, that's all !

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)   

Coolant temperature (always 73ºC)
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1